Foundation Learning offers different pathways to enable young people to develop skills and confidence to prepare for adulthood and make future life choices, our course offer includes a focus on these areas:
- Independence – supporting your transition to adulthood with a focus on developing your independence
- Skills – developing skills and behaviours that will prepare you for future study or work
- Vocational – offering a range of vocational options to ensure you make an informed choice and developing vocational knowledge and study skills for a successful transition to your chosen vocational pathway
- Work – develop the knowledge and skills to prepare for the world of work before leaving college
Our courses at Duchy College Stoke Climsland
- Foundation Learning Pathway: Skills Towards Vocational Studies
- Foundation Learning Vocational Pathway: Vocational Studies
To apply, click on the course title above then click the Apply Now Button.
Watch the presentation here
Max Harmer was one of our foundation learners from last year. Max worked at two different work placements. One being Tavistock Task Force where he did some conservation work and heathland management.
The second placement was at Pentillie Castle and Estate where he was weeding, planting, pruning and carrying out other elements of estate management. Max had job coaches on both placements.
Max was able to secure himself a permanent volunteer position at Pentillie Castle. The owner, Sarah Coryton, said Max was doing a “fantastic job”.